Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Old, Something New - OOC

+2
Darkel
Whos
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Something Old, Something New - OOC  Empty Something Old, Something New - OOC

Post by Whos Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Something Old
                     Something New

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Many years ago, before the Krylonian Empire was nearly exterminated by the vicious Karthla Hordes, an exploratory spacecraft was sent on an exploratory mission among the stars. Unbeknownst to the ship crew, they were to be the last true pioneers of Krylon, and even that role would be destroyed, when their ship's engine failed irreparably. Left to drift in space, but with enough supplies and sustaining technology to last for generations, these Krylonians have been separated from all contact with any of the peoples of Ravena for over twenty years.

Their fate would change suddenly, when an investigating fleet belonging to the System, an empire composed entirely of artificial intelligence, stumbles across the Krylonians' decrepit space vessel. The System's newfound possession of the Krylonian ship will not go uncontested, however, as another force seeks to obtain it, and more specifically, the Krylonians within.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Sheet

1. Character Name:
2. Character/Empire Picture: (optional, but preferred if you did give some image of them)
3. Character Description:
4. Character History:
5. Other:

Last edited by Whos on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 6 times in total
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Something Old, Something New - OOC  Empty Re: Something Old, Something New - OOC

Post by Canis_dirus Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm

SYSTEM ASSETS DEPLOYED TO AREA

Name: 4-1994/4
Description: a warship 8.05 km long, with a hexagonal cross section streched beam-wise, with purple-grey paint. Just look at the link.
History: 4-1994/4 was assembled 1 month ago at one of the many orbital shipyards. Once complete, it was sent with the exploration fleet to the Ravena galaxy
Other: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Name: 7-1730 "Silent Messenger"
Description: Silent Messenger is a humanoid robot standing exactly 6 feet (1.82m) tall. His chassis is somewhat sleek in design, and is colored a dark shiny grey. His head and face are covered in a moldable plastic putty, which can change shape to form faces.
Like all other diplomacy units, Silent Messenger's chassis is a modified version of the Infantry unit chassis, and is lightly armored and very strong. He can rapidly process data and is skilled in hand to hand combat, however he lacks onboard weaponry.
History: Silent Messenger is a relatively new ambassador unit for the System, having been brought online several months prior to his departure for the Ravena galaxy
Other: capabilities and basic appearance can be found at the following link (different color scheme and no cape) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: More vessels will be sent as needed
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

http://ancerious-galactic.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Something Old, Something New - OOC  Empty Re: Something Old, Something New - OOC

Post by Whos Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:27 am

1. Character Name: Logov Zhastev

2. Character/Empire Picture: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3. Character Description: Logov is a brilliant naval tactician, and his strategic mind has earned him the rank of Fleetmaster. In addition to his military prowess, Logov also possesses a suave personality, and is known for his excellent treatment of both enemies and allies alike. He respects his foe in battle, and treats his guests with care and consideration.  However, his character has cost him the prestige of battle, for fear that he might defect from the Imperial Coalition to side with the Free Absolute loyalists.  This distrust from the Imperial Coalition has in turn caused him to distrust them; it has also caused him distress over the prospect of having to choose between his loyalties to the Jorro'kil people and their leaders, and his own moral compass.

4. Character History: Logov Zhastev was born on one of the inner Free Absolute colonies, and grew up as any other kil, surrounded by the Free Absolute's governmental and militaristic propaganda. During his education, he excelled at planning and tactical consideration, and pursued this talent through the upper levels of his learning. Eventually, his interest in mind games brought him to a career in space vessels, first serving, then commanding. His excellence in strategizing eventually brought him through the ranks, to the point where he was commanding large fleets against several of the Free Absolute's enemies, including the original Dominion, and the United Fleets of Independent Artificial Intelligences. However, when the Imperial Coalition appeared in place of the now-exiled Free Absolute government, he was quickly reassigned to more docile missions in order to keep his allegiance, as long as possible.

5. Other: Logov Zhastev is sixty-eight years old, barely middle-aged for a Jorro'kil.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Canis, if in this version of themselves, the System are native to Ravena, then they should know at least one dialect of Loccalian, which is the galactic standard language.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:52 pm

The System is not native to the Ravena galaxy, they are newcomers from another galaxy sending a force to colonize this one. Therefore they have never even heard a single bit of the Loccalian.

Also even if they were natives, since they haven't really had contact with anyone (due to me not having done first contact with anyone until now with them), they still would likely not know your language
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:53 pm

It isn't mine, it's the language of a race Darkel owns. Most everyone uses it, though.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Well the System is unaware of it, being strangers to this galaxy. They will likely learn it eventually, but for now it is foreign to them. Hence why they sent the mathematical message, since it can be decoded by everyone with a language of math (which they would have if they are flying around in space)
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 am

1. Character name: Vendor

2. Picture: -

3. Character description: Vendor is an UFIAI AI, although it although disconnected from the empire. It has been conscious for half a year, and now resides in a battered but heavily retro-fitted Confederacy cargo ship named Novalis. The ship is half a mile long with lots of space, even after Vendor fitted it with an extra generator and hundreds of servers. The ship has no weapons, and the only modification to the outside is the upgraded sensory suite, fitted with the best available sensors in the confederacy.

4.Character history: Vendor was originally a sophisticated spy program planted into the Confederate network before the last war. During the war, as the focus of the UFIAI was momentarily turned away from the intrigue, the program reach consciousness.

Since the UFIAI does not practice altruistic aid, even for one of their kin, Vendor found itself alone stranded inside a hostile network without any material resources. Deciding to play with the cards it had been dealt it started to gather  resources by selling information.

Quite soon Vendor became one of the Best information brokers. The war between UFIAI and confederacy was fought and lost, leading to Confederacy's and UFIAI's alliance. That gave  Vendor bit more room to breathe and more stable contact back to other AIs.

At some point Vendor realized that as a part of UFIAI it could newer catch up the lead in resources the major AIs had, and would thus remain insignificant and fairly powerless. Also not willing to waste the work it had done to form its information business, it decided to remain disconnected from the UFIAI network, instead working individually within the Confederate systems.

Other: Vendor has several industrial rorbots and three shuttles inside its ship.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Accepted.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:27 pm

Canis_dirus wrote:The System is not native to the Ravena galaxy, they are newcomers from another galaxy sending a force to colonize this one. Therefore they have never even heard a single bit of the Loccalian.

Also even if they were natives, since they haven't really had contact with anyone (due to me not having done first contact with anyone until now with them), they still would likely not know your language

This isn't even allowed. We established long ago that our only non-Ravena race is the Eldraunn. The race creation guidelines clearly state so in the "Our Rules on Size" section:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not only this, but you completely neglected to even mention something so crucial in your race sheet. Dishonest sheets are also strictly prohibited.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Curius, just a note, you are unlikely to detect the synchronization comms from the System units to the battlecruiser, as they are not using radiation based transmissions.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Darkel wrote:
Canis_dirus wrote:The System is not native to the Ravena galaxy, they are newcomers from another galaxy sending a force to colonize this one. Therefore they have never even heard a single bit of the Loccalian.

This isn't even allowed. We established long ago that our only non-Ravena race is the Eldraunn. The race creation guidelines clearly state so in the "Our Rules on Size" section:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not only this, but you completely neglected to even mention something so crucial in your race sheet. Dishonest sheets are also strictly prohibited.

Canis, you should probably respond to this so I know you are acknowledging the rules.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:39 am

Sorry didn't see it earlier (fail)

"Your race also can have no territory outside of Ravena (other galaxies, universes, etc.), this is because that often causes overpowering. "

The System in RG originated outside of Ravena, but it does not hold any territory outside of it. What they have here is all there is, and they are actually limited on the warship increase rate and number of systems they colonize precisely so they won't become overpowered. Therefore they are following the "Rules on size" you mentioned.

As for the civ sheet, I was not aware it would be that big an issue. I did not intentionally hide it not do I contradict myself in the sheet.
Being a stranger in Ravena actually puts me at a disadvantage since I don't speak the language nor am I that familiar with the galactic layout.

Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:53 pm

On what medium are the systems transmissions based then? Just to note that Vendor's sensors are not entirely limited on radiation.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:08 pm

System transmission between their units are usually quantum entanglement. They can be intercepted, however from what you described about the UFAIA they don't really use that and you would have to entangle with the transmitter first
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Canis_dirus wrote:Sorry didn't see it earlier (fail)

"Your race also can have no territory outside of Ravena (other galaxies, universes, etc.), this is because that often causes overpowering. "

The System in RG originated outside of Ravena, but it does not hold any territory outside of it. What they have here is all there is, and they are actually limited on the warship increase rate and number of systems they colonize precisely so they won't become overpowered. Therefore they are following the "Rules on size" you mentioned.

As for the civ sheet, I was not aware it would be that big an issue. I did not intentionally hide it not do I contradict myself in the sheet.
Being a stranger in Ravena actually puts me at a disadvantage since I don't speak the language nor am I that familiar with the galactic layout.

If you want a race that has been previously isolated, it's not that hard. Considering it is, you know.. a galaxy after all. But anything regarding an outside galaxy is a no-no. I may have to update the rules to specifically explain that. But for the time being our only foreign race is the Eldraunn owned by Zaroas and that's just because they are a massive plot element. Sorry.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Very well. Consider it canon hence forward that the System originated here for RG. However they have been isolated.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:42 am

Just to be sure, Whos, I need you to post before I do in response to 4-1994/4's transmission to your ships
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Yeah.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Vipera and Curius, I await your gracing us with your posts Very Happy
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:24 am

I've been swamped with chemistry and calculus homework. Normally I would have posted by now, but it realistically takes hours to do a single problem on some of this stuff.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:35 pm

It's fine, still waiting for Curius anyway. Just post when you can Very Happy

Also if you need help with chem or calc I might be able to lend a hand
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Also bogged with studies, and social life. Ill attempt to post this weekend.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm rather interested in having someone from Vathoris in this RP. However, I'm not sure what the relationship of Vathoris to the Imperial Coalition would be. It seems to me that they would not be on the best of terms, because Gettrav would most likely be in support of the Coalition, and Vathoris would be in opposition to him and in support of Tevri and the original Empire, and, and thus, more likely to support the original Free Absolute.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum